This is a documentation of Lindsay Erdman's journey to India - as a teacher, artist, musician.... and whatever else people associate her with. Feel free to visit, read and share comments as time reveals the purpose of this adventure.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

This trip keeps getting stranger and stranger...
Had a very strange and eventful weekend...here are some pics to illustrate:


On Friday night, I found myself eating Rosh Hashana and Shabbot dinner with 30 some odd members of the Israeli community here in India. Highlight of the night was definitely the homemade Challah.


Miss Holler and the.....Pink Champagnes. On Saturday night, I sang my first blues in India with a 4-piece band at the 4-star Ashoka hotel restaraunt. The band, the Pink Champagnes, invited me up when I introduced myself as a blues singer from Canada We pulled off a fun Memphis Minnie 12-bar tune, the crowd had a blast, but they don't give free drinks to jammers...still....it was pretty fun!


My mother will be so proud.....here are some of my potato latkes that I made, and they were sooo good! Had some people from school over for a Rosh Hashana brunch, and these were gone in minutes. It was a proud moment to be hosting my first get together in India. So I'm ready for any brave souls who want to venture over here and try some of these!