This is a documentation of Lindsay Erdman's journey to India - as a teacher, artist, musician.... and whatever else people associate her with. Feel free to visit, read and share comments as time reveals the purpose of this adventure.

Saturday, February 16, 2008



Back in a big city....

So now I'm on the last leg of my US adventure....back in a big city, which is no where as big as Toronto, but it sure feels big after being in Ashland for the last few months. Too much pavement and not enough mountains if you ask me. Funny going back to passing people on the street with no eye contact...just a barrier. But that being said, Portland is a cool city cause its so easy to walk to many things, there's lots to do, and public transit is free in the downtown area, and cheap otherwise. What I;m doing here is taking in the annual Portland jazz fest, both as a patron and as a volunteer....my volunteer hours get me free access to all of the shows when im not working. and my job is to get the artist to fill out their tax form, py them their cheque and announce them on the mike to the audience. ive only been here for two days, but its jazz heaven, with so much to take it, i wonder if i;ll get to see much else of the city while im here. a couple of freinds from ashland drove me up here and spent the nights at some jazz gigs. So fun so far....



Over the bridge, B3 Hammond Organ Player; David Ornette Cherry with Organic Roots; The waterfront