This is a documentation of Lindsay Erdman's journey to India - as a teacher, artist, musician.... and whatever else people associate her with. Feel free to visit, read and share comments as time reveals the purpose of this adventure.

Monday, February 25, 2008


Well.....this is it.

Last day of my west coast adventure. The sun is shining, the jazz fest is over (closed off with a Maceo Parker performance at the Crystal Ballroom.....funk-ay!) and I've got the whole day to myself to think on this past little while of making art, meeting different people, making and listening to music, and generally....conducting myself in a place with no real map or timeline.....it's harder than it looks...but definitely something that everyone should try. the surprises are worth it alone :) right now i';m being filmed for channel 8 news in portland as they do a special on folks using their laptops in wi-fi places....see you never know where you're going to end up:).
When I started all this travelling, I had a good idea of the places I wanted to see, and that I was up for an adventure....but I had no idea that I would learn so much about people, myself, and the very, very special importance of the present moment that a few people tried to tell me about before, but I didn't really understand until now. I recently read a quote from the billionaire Richard Branson who said....it is always more fun to say yes than it is to say no......and ever since i read that, i have realized that much of my good times have been from being up for just about anything.....people have often said to me....you're so lucky...everything always happens to you, but i think it has more to do with the idea that i just say yes to the stuff that does.
tomorrow morning, i return to toronto to start it all over again with just a little more knowledge and experience on what i want to find out in this lifetime, and what i need to keep smiling along the way.

Bike sculpture on Burnside and 12th?; The all-female jazz group, Quadraphonnes; attending the Nia dance class in Portland....where it all started with teacher and founder Debbie; a waterfall at the Catholic sanctuary called Grotto in the Northeast end of town where some religious dude started a sanctuary in the forest....somebody had to!