This is a documentation of Lindsay Erdman's journey to India - as a teacher, artist, musician.... and whatever else people associate her with. Feel free to visit, read and share comments as time reveals the purpose of this adventure.

Saturday, May 19, 2007



Back to pastel...I wanted to keep my hand in the medium because I've been trying to keep a balance in my collection of the watercolour, pastel and acrylic paint that i've been learning with. However, i also though this portrait of jazz flutist and saxophonist, Eric Dolphy, would look best in this medium because I wanted the look of his portrait to be a bit dark and shadowy and I think that mood can be achieved by texturing oil pastel (like I did in the background colour) After finishing the portrait, I thought that the mood kind of reminded me of Marc Chagall and the colour he used in his paintings. Cloudy and velvety.



Another kind of portrait...Hugo hard at work in his version of a classroom.