This is a documentation of Lindsay Erdman's journey to India - as a teacher, artist, musician.... and whatever else people associate her with. Feel free to visit, read and share comments as time reveals the purpose of this adventure.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Holy Land...

I've just come back from what I believe will be my last big trip in India, as my time here comes to an end. Last weekend, I took a couple days off work and headed north to a place called Varanasi (Baranas). This is the place with the infamous Ganges river, and the funeral processions that involve the burning of bodies and then sending the ashes into the river.

I think of all the places I have visited in India, this has been the most interesting. I think the pictures will explain why. 47 degree temperatures, sketching people and cows by the Ganges, meeting travelers from around the world, navigating through narrow streets and taking boatrides past the burning Ganges ...it was an amazing trip.